When is Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women taking place? Monday 2nd March, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women taking place? Junction Oval, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women? 17c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh have nothing but pride to play for in this final group stage match after losing to the three heavyweights in this group and they would love to beat a continental rival as a consolation victory.
- They were on the verge of causing New Zealand a major shock after bowling them out for 91 but their batting line-up collapsed as they were skittled for 74 themselves though they can take positives from their bowling at least.
- Ritu Moni came in for her first match in the tournament to take 4/18 against New Zealand and that will surely earn her another start here, while they may decide to make more rotations for this dead rubber.
SRI LANKA WOMEN
- Similar to their opponents here, Sri Lanka have lost all three of their matches so far and all three have seen them bat first and ultimately fail to put enough on the board to test their higher-calibre opponents.
- They may consider one or two changes for this final match to both their batting and bowling units as the batting has struggled on the whole while their bowlers have only managed to take nine wickets in their three matches played so far.
- In skipper Chamari Atapattu the Sri Lankans possess a truly world class player and she will be looking to exit the tournament on a positive note and lead her side to victory in this final game.
As both teams seek to avoid the wooden spoon in Group A, there will be plenty of pride at stake between these two Asian rivals. Sri Lanka have the edge in quality and have been able to push the other teams in the group closer than Bangladesh on the whole. Their batting especially and skipper Chamari Atapattu should ultimately be able to outscore Bangladesh and pick up the pride and consolation victory.