When is Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women taking place? Monday 24th February, 2020 – 07:00 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women taking place? W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women? 28c but thunderstorms are expected
What channel is Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia suffered a defeat in their opening match of the Women’s T20 World Cup as they failed to handle the spin threat of India and will be eager to respond in this second contest.
- Having opted to field first, Australia failed to make significant inroads into the Indian batting line-up as they made 132/4 and despite Alyssa Healy’s half-century, the defending champions could not handle Poonam Yadev as she helped India bowl Australia out for 115.
- The Australians suffered a huge blow on the eve of the tournament with pace bowler Tayla Vlaeminck being forced out due to an injury and her loss is expected to be hard-felt although the hosts will host off-spinner Molly Strano can take advantage of her late call-up.
- Sri Lanka put up a decent fight against New Zealand Women in their first game of the tournament but fell short against a better-rounded outfit and they will need to improve as they face Australia.
- They started well having reached 99/2 in the 15th over but failed to kick-on from that point and only managed to make 127/7 and that poor end to their innings ultimately cost them the match.
- New Zealand were strong with the bat and surpassed their target with 14 balls remaining and an improved performance with the ball is required, they will also need to be stronger at the death with the bat.
Australia will want to put their opening loss to India Women behind them as they attempt to pick up their first win of the tournament. The hosts’ batting line-up could not handle spin against India and that will be a concern for them ahead of this game. They come up against Sri Lanka who could pose some problems for them but if the poor weather stays away, Australia should prove to be too good.