When is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Sunday 8th March, 2020 – 07:00 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs India Women? 20c in sunny skies
What channel is Australia Women vs India Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Australia Women vs India Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs India Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women have put in some underwhelming performances during this Women’s T20 World Cup and it nearly ended in disaster for them but they were arguably saved by the rain as they edged South Africa Women to advance to the final.
- The hosts required a captain’s knock from Meg Lanning following another poor effort from the middle-order as Australia stuttered to 134/5, a total they would not have been overly confident of defending.
- The rain hit and adjusted South Africa’s target to 98 from 13 overs and that forced them to go harder than they would have liked but Megan Schutt’s 2-17 helped the reigning champions to progress to yet another final where they are likely to be unchanged.
- India Women advanced to their maiden Women’s T20 World Cup final as their game with England Women was washed out without a ball being bowled but they will not be concerned about the politics surrounding how they qualified.
- As per the competition rules, India progressed by virtue of being group winners during the round robin stage and although they would have liked to have defeated England in their semi-final, they will feel their place in the final is warranted.
- India played Australia Women in the opening game of the tournament and they came out on top of that encounter with Poonam Yadav tearing through the hosts’ batting line-up that day and she will have a key role to play in this final.
Australia Women will be looking to continue their dominance as they face India Women in the Women’s T20 World Cup final. This will be Australia’s sixth consecutive final and they have won four of their five that they have competed in but they come into this lacking any real form having put in some below-par performances so far. India defeated them in the opening contest of the tournament and they have looked like the best team ever since. Their young side hold no fears and as long as nerves do not get the better of them, the Indians can upset the odds to lift the title in their maiden final.