When is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Friday 21st February, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs India Women? 21c with showers expected
What channel is Australia Women vs India Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Australia Women vs India Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs India Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women will kick-off the 2020 Women’s T20 World Cup with the reigning champions looking to defend their title on home soil but they face a tricky contest in this opening match.
- Having won the title on four occasions Australia will begin their assault on a fifth T20 World Cup trophy with a game against India, a team they have had mixed success against in recent matches, but they did beat them in the tri-nation final in the build-up to this tournament.
- Australia have named a fearsome squad with the likes of Ellyse Perry, Beth Mooney and Meg Lanning giving them some superb batting options but if they do have a slight weakness, it could be their young bowling attack.
- India Women reached the final of the last Women’s T20 World Cup back in 2018 but will be desperate to go one better having never made it beyond the last four in their six attempts so far.
- If they are to reach their first final, there will be a lot of pressure on their young squad with the Indians possessing two teenagers in their ranks in 16-year-old pair Richa Ghosh and Shafali Verma.
- There will also be a lot of pressure on captain Harmanpreet Kaur, who will be relied upon to put runs on the board, and if she fails with the bat it could result in a collapse further down the order.
Australia Women will be looking to increase their record for number of Women’s T20 World Cup wins as they go in search of a fifth title. They will have home advantage in this tournament and that is likely to play into their hands. Boasting a wealth of talent, they will already be difficult to beat and many of their squad have been there and done it. They open their campaign against India Women and although they have the ability to pose some problems, it is likely that the hosts will be too good in this first game.