England Women vs India Women – Tri-Nation Women’s T20 Series International Preview & Prediction
When is England Women vs India Women taking place? Friday 31st January, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is England Women vs India Women taking place? Manuka Oval, Canberra
What is the expected weather for England Women vs India Women? 38c in sunny skies
What channel is England Women vs India Women on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream England Women vs India Women? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for England Women vs India Women? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
England Women beat India Women by 1 run
THE TEAM NEWS
- England Women started life under new coach Lisa Keightley with a victory in her first game in charge as they came out on top of their tour match against ACT XI in what was a comfortable 47-run victory.
- England struck 191/7 with Danni Wyatt leading the way with a superb 77 from 44 balls and she highlighted how important she will be in this tri-series with Natalie Sciver also set for a big role.
- With the Women’s T20 World Cup on the horizon, England have opted to name the same squad for this series in preparation and that features all-rounder Georgia Elwiss who has earned a recall at the expense of Kirstie Gordon.
- India Women will kick-start this tri-series with a game against England Women and it will prove to be a difficult challenge for them with England winning the last four T20I matches between the two teams.
- The Indians will have to learn to deal with pressure ahead of the T20 World Cup, especially with a young squad in tow that includes 16-year-old duo Richa Ghosh and Shafali Verma with the former included for the first time.
- Poonam Yadav has been carrying an injury recently and is a doubt to feature in this contest but will play if she can prove her fitness with Rajeshwari Gaekwad the most likely alternative.
England Women and India Women will ramp up their preparations for the Women’s T20 World Cup due to begin in February as they face off in the first game of this tri-series. The two teams are both capable of going far in the competition but will want to find some form in this warm-up series. England boast a strong batting line-up and they should have too much power for India in this opening game.