England Women vs Australia Women – 2nd T20 International Preview & Prediction
When is England Women vs Australia Women taking place? Sunday 28th July, 14:00 (UK)
Where is England Women vs Australia Women taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove, Brighton
What is the expected weather for England Women vs Australia Women? 22c and sunshine forecast
What channel is England Women vs Australia Women on? England Women vs Australia Women will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England Women vs Australia Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for England Women vs Australia Women? Tickets for this match can still be purchased here!
Australia Women beat England Women by 93 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- England Women will have to pick themselves up quickly after the mauling they suffered in the opening T20 match of this three-game series, and despite having already lost the Ashes, they will want to try and pick up at least one win over their Ashes rivals.
- England skipper Heather Knight admitted that her team needed to reset and called upon some of the experienced players in the squad to show some character in the final two matches in an attempt spark a reaction from her team-mates in these final two games.
- Both opener Wyatt and Jones were out for ducks in the last match but ultimately they will need to produce a much better bowling display after the mauling they suffered being hit for 226/3 at Taunton last time out.
- Despite having sealed the Ashes series after drawing the Test match, Australia showed no signs of easing off the gas in the opening T20 match, and if anything, they relished playing without any pressure and looked to pile the misery on their Ashes opponents.
- Captain Meg Lanning smashed 133 from 63 balls – the highest ever individual score in women’s T20 international cricket – as they inflicted England’s heaviest ever T20 loss and then the bowling unit came to the party in impressive fashion too.
- They have one or two options to rotate but the likelihood is that they will name a strong side once again as they will look to inflict yet another whitewash on England just as they did in the one-day series.
Australia Women showed just how big the gulf is between these two teams in the first T20 international of the three-match series last time out. They showed no mercy against a beleaguered England side and they will pile the pressure on them here. England are struggling with confidence at the moment and know they are clearly second best. That does not bode well against this relentless Australian side who will very likely inflict another heavy loss on Heather Knight’s team.