When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Friday 28th August, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is England vs Pakistan taking place? Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? 15c with a 50% chance of showers
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for England vs Pakistan? This match will be played without spectators
England beat Pakistan by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After two Test series against West Indies and Pakistan along with a three-match ODI series against Ireland, England return to T20 action to play their first matches in this format since their tour of South Africa in February.
- Similar to that ODI series against Ireland, England will not involve any of their Test stars so that will see them without Joe Root, Jofra Archer and Jos Buttler for this series while Ben Stokes remains unavailable due to personal reasons.
- David Willey was the star of the series against Ireland and he is expected to get a start here in what will be a great chance for him to impress further as he also adds good firepower with the bat too, while T20 specialists like Tom Banton, Chris Jordan and Moeen Ali all come back into the fold for this series.
- Pakistan were the best T20 team in the world back in 2018 but their form dropped off in 2019 with just one win in their ten matches while they have only had two matches so far in 2020 in this form with two wins over Bangladesh.
- Babar Azam is likely to the only player (along with Mohammad Rizwan if selected ahead of Sarfaraz Ahmed) from the Test team that will feature and he will skipper the side once again and he will be able to count on veterans Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik to support him.
- The bowling attack is particularly impressive with Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain proving to be revelations in 2019 alongside Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim and they will be vital to their hopes of success in this series.
After England’s 1-0 Test victory over Pakistan, the two teams now meet in the shortest format of the game as they play the opening T20 at Old Trafford. Neither group of players have played much cricket in 2020 and that could make this opening match somewhat unpredictable. Many of England’s players got playing time in the ODI series against Ireland which should stand them well coming into this opening game. While Pakistan cannot be discounted, the time at the crease for England’s batsmen should make the difference here and expect Morgan, Bairstow, Malan and company to lead them to victory.