When is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Friday 13th September, 13:30 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? 29c but thunderstorms could hinder play
What channel is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh by 18 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh will begin their build-up to the T20 World Cup with this tri-series against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan but will need to bounce back from the disappointment of losing to the latter in their recent Test match.
- The Tigers have made huge changes to the squad that played in their last T20 series against the West Indies in December with Tamim Iqbal on leave whilst Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Ariful Haque, Abu Hider Rony, Mohammad Mithun and Islam Apu are all dropped.
- Young paceman Yasin Arafat is a surprise inclusion and he is joined in the squad by fellow youngsters Mahedi Hasan and Afif Hossain whilst Mohammad Saifuddin is fit enough to return following an injury.
- Zimbabwe are likely to use this tri-series to build for the future after missing out on qualification for next year’s T20 World Cup whilst their ICC suspension is still lingering over them.
- Hamilton Masakdza will skipper the side in what will be his last series before retiring from international cricket and he will lead a squad that contains two uncapped players with Ainsley Ndlovu and Tony Munyonga looking to make their T20 debuts.
- One of his final acts as captain was to play a role in the expulsion of all-rounder Sikandar Raza who will not feature in this tri-series on disciplinary grounds which could bring his international career to an end.
Bangladesh will want to put their shock loss to Afghanistan in the Test arena behind them as they begin their preparations for next year’s T20 World Cup. They face Zimbabwe to open this tri-series and have named a surprising squad with numerous players from their previous T20 series missing out. The Zimbabweans will be looking to put their off-field drama behind them but they are likely to come unstuck in this opening contest.