When is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Wednesday, September 18th (13:30 UK time)
Where is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? 32c with sunshine forecast
What channel is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh come into this match against Zimbabwe under pressure after being outplayed by Afghanistan last time out and they know they need to win here if they are to reach the final of this tri-nation series on home turf.
- With Soumya Sarkar already axed due to poor form, some of their other veteran players like Shakib Al Hasan, Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahman and Mahmudullah are all under pressure to find some form as they have been unable to really dig them out of trouble so far.
- With the top order continuing to struggle, there is every chance that they could make changes there with Mohammad Naim a candidate to come in for his T20 international debut, while spinner Aminul Islam could also potentially come into the side for what is expected to be a slow, low-scoring pitch.
- Zimbabwe are the only team yet to win a match in this tri-nation series so they too are under some pressure to reverse this poor form and get a win under their belts which would give them a much-needed boost in confidence.
- Similar to the hosts, Zimbabwe’s key experienced players like Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, Hamilton Masakadza and Craig Ervine are all struggling for runs and they will have to find some form quickly if they are to compete here.
- With this match a must-win game for them if they are to have a chance of reaching the final, they may be reluctant to make too many changes, but some talented youngsters like Chris Mpofu and Richmond Mutumbami are likely to play either this game or the next one against Afghanistan.
This pitch at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium is usually a slow, low-scoring type which does not bode well for either batting line-up as both are struggling. Bangladesh have the greater depth and quality which made the difference in the first match between the two teams when their middle order got them out of a sticky situation to scrape home. That could well make the difference once again here as they should beat this poor Zimbabwe team.