When is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Monday 9th March, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? 25c in clear skies
What channel is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe on? The match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? The match can be streamed live on Betfair
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly at the stadium!
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 39 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh wrapped up the ODI series against Zimbabwe in spectacular fashion as records tumbled once again thanks to a sensational knock from Liton Das as he whacked 176 to better teammate Tamim Iqbal’s effort of 158 in the second contest to set a new highest-score for a Bangladeshi in 50-over matches.
- Ironically, that pair combined to produce an outstanding partnership of 292 runs which was the highest total for any Bangladesh pairing in ODIs as they helped their side to a score of 322/3 from a reduced 43 overs because of poor weather.
- The bowling unit were nearly shown up in the previous match as Zimbabwe almost chased down a big total but they responded well in this game and removed their opponents for 218 and with attention now turning to the shortest format of the game, all eyes will be on Das and Iqbal who should open the batting.
- Zimbabwe had issues with the ball once again as they were left frustrated by the brilliance of the Bangladeshi openers in the final ODI match of the series and that is where they will need to improve in these T20I matches.
- Following their 3-0 whitewash in that series, they will be eager to restore some pride in the 20-over format and will feel they can give a good account of themselves if they do not lose early wickets when at the crease.
- The Zimbabwean team is unlikely to feature too many changes from the ODI series although Craig Ervine remains a doubt, but he will bolster the batting line-up if he can prove his fitness in time for this first game while Brendan Taylor is expected to open the batting.
Zimbabwe by no means disgraced themselves in the three-match ODI series against Bangladesh despite suffering a 3-0 whitewash. They were undone by some brilliant individual efforts in those games and with some better bowling in this series, they could have some success. They will need to remove the dangermen at the top of the order for Bangladesh but with the form that their opponents are bringing in to this game, they may find it difficult to do that and the hosts should come out on top in this opening match.