When is Bangladesh vs Australia taking place? Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh vs Australia taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Australia? 30-31c, a chance of a thundery shower during play, but sunny for the main part and a gentle breeze
What channel is Bangladesh vs Australia on? The match will not be televised in the UK.
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Australia? This match cannot be streamed in the UK.
Bangladesh beat Australia by 28 runs.
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh made history in the first match of this five-game series, securing a first ever T20i victory over Australia in the fifth clash between the two countries in this format of the game.
- Victory came largely due to a truly wonderful bowling display, as Bangladesh secured a score of 131/7 batting first, before taking ten wickets as Australia were bowled out for just 108.
- The win was made even more impressive having been achieved without the likes of wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim, alongside openers Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das, who will all be absent for the entirety of the series, whilst the hosts are expected to name an unchanged side for this second T20i.
- Australia’s struggles in the 20 over format without numerous key players continued in the first T20i of the series and on a difficult pitch, their batting line-up was taken to the cleaners by the Bangladesh bowlers
- Only all-rounder Mitchell Marsh came out of the game with any credit, scoring 45 with the bat, while only two other Australian players recorded a double figure score, leaving the efforts of Josh Hazlewood in vain, after the fast bowler had taken three wickets for just 24 runs in the Bangladesh innings.
- It would be no surprise at all if Australia made a number of changes for the second T20i, with the experienced all-rounder Dan Christian a leading contender to come into the side, along with wicketkeeper batter Ben McDermott.
Whilst the matches may only serve as practise ahead of the T20i World Cup later in the year, Australia can’t not be concerned about how brittle their top order batting looks when you strip away many of their key players. Bangladesh spin-bowler Nasum Ahmed destroyed their top order and the visitors simply must adopt a different approach on what will likely be another tough pitch for batting here. The defeat will surely come as a shock to Australia and possibly a big wake up call to many of their players, with harsh words no doubt exchanged in the dressing room. It would be a huge surprise if we don’t see a positive reaction from the tourists in this second T20i and for that reason, consider Australia for victory in what will likely prove another low scoring affair.