Australia Women vs India Women – Tri-Nation Women’s T20 Series International Preview & Prediction
When is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Saturday 8th February, 2020 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Junction Oval, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs India Women? 26c in sunny skies
What channel is Australia Women vs India Women on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Australia Women vs India Women? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs India Women? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
Australia Women beat India Women by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women bounced back from their dramatic loss against England Women by beating India Women and the same result against the Indians here will see the them progress to the final with a game to spare.
- Australia won the toss and choosing to field first proved to be the correct call as they restricted India to 103/9 with Ellyse Perry and Tayla Vlaeminck combining for seven wickets to do the majority of the damage.
- Although it was a relatively small total to chase, Australia lost six wickets in reply but Perry’s knock of 49 proved crucial in the four-wicket win and in a boost for the hosts, Meg Lanning is likely to return to the side having missed the last game with back pain.
- India Women are on the verge of elimination from the tri-nation series after suffering a second loss in succession, this time to England in a four-wicket defeat that leaves them with plenty of work to do to make the final.
- India’s middle-order once again failed to fire with opener Smriti Mandhana the only one to really trouble England as she struck 45 from 40 balls as she helped her side to a modest total of 123/6.
- Having reduced England to 28/3, India laid a strong platform early on but could not build on it and their opponents were able to chase down the score with seven balls remaining and to make matters worse for the Indians, Pooja Vastrakar, Poonam Yadav and Richa Ghosh are all still struggling with injuries and look set to miss this game.
Australia Women showed glimpses of what they are capable of in their first game against India Women and a repeat performance here will see them qualify for the final of this tri-nation series. India must win this game and hope for some luck in terms of run-rate if they are to progress but it looks a tall order with the form of their middle-order. They are not scoring enough runs and with injuries also hitting their squad, Australia should have too much once again in this contest.