Australia Women vs India Women – Tri-Nation Women’s T20 Series International Final Preview & Prediction
When is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Wednesday 11h February, 2020 – 02:40 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs India Women taking place? Junction Oval, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs India Women? 22c in cloudy skies
What channel is Australia Women vs India Women on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia Women vs India Women? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs India Women? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India Women beat Australia Women by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women produced the goods when it mattered as they overcame England Women to seal their place in the final of the tri-nation series final and due to the nature of that win, they will come up against India Women rather than England.
- Beth Mooney notched her second half-century of the competition to help her side to 132/7 and Sophie Molineux backed her teammate up with the ball as she took 3-19 to restrict England to just 116/7 for a 16-run victory.
- Australia have not altered their side much during the series and are unlikely to make any changes for the final after such a strong showing against England with Australia’s bowling attack in particular looking in strong shape after that performance.
- India Women defeated Australia Women in their last game of the round robin stage of the tri-nation series but despite a nervous wait on the outcome of the Australians’ game with England Women, the Indians were able to advance to the final.
- India ended in second place due to a superior net run-rate over England and will fancy their chances in this final having beating Australia by seven wickets after a strong batting display saw the top five in the order combine for 177 to surpass Australia’s total with two balls remaining.
- The Indians’ bowling unit is likely to come under even greater threat in this game and with Australia bowling well against England in their last game, India’s batting line-up is also likely to come under great pressure which their young side will have to deal with.
Australia Women did what was required as they produced a strong display to see off England Women and seal their place in the final of the tri-nation series. Their place had looked under threat after a loss to India Women in their previous game but they showed why they are the best team in the world with that victory as they performed very well under pressure. Their bowling attack was on song against England and a repeat of that is likely to be too good for India who should struggle to deal with the fired-up Australians.