Australia Women vs England Women – Tri-Nation Women’s T20 Series International Preview & Prediction
When is Australia Women vs England Women taking place? Sunday 9th February, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs England Women taking place? Junction Oval, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs England Women? 26c in cloudy skies
What channel is Australia Women vs England Women on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 3
Where can I stream Australia Women vs England Women? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs England Women? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
Australia Women tied with England Women (England Women won in the Super Over)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women lost a tense affair with India Women and must now win this final game of the round robin stage of the tri-nations series with England Women or they will be eliminated from the tournament.
- Ashleigh Gardner struck an impressive 93 from just 57 balls but was offered little support other than from Meg Lanning on the skipper’s return to the team as she chipped in with 37 to help the Australians to 173/5.
- Despite that solid total, the bowling unit failed to keep India’s scoring rate under control and eventually succumbed to a seven-wicket loss but they are not expected to hit the panic button ahead of this must-win game with very few changes expected although Tayla Vlaeminck could force her way into contention at the expense of Delissa Kimmince.
- England Women have one foot in the final of the tri-nation series after their win over India Women in their last game and providing they avoid a huge swing in net run-rate, they will compete in the final irrespective of the result in this clash with Australia Women.
- England’s efforts with the ball proved too much for India to deal with as Anya Shrubsole took three wickets to help restrict the Indians to 123/6 from their 20 overs which was never likely to be enough.
- Natalie Sciver struck a half-century as she helped guide her side to the win and although England will want to improve with the bat in this game having lost six wickets on their way to that total, their batting line-up is not expected to be altered.
Australia Women have left themselves in a precarious position in their quest to progress to the final of the tri-nation series and missing out on that would be a big blow in their preparations for the Women’s T20 World Cup. They lost their second game in a row as they went down to India Women and must now beat England Women to secure their spot in next week’s final. England came out on top the last time the two teams met but with plenty on the line for the hosts, they should be able to come out on top with an improved bowling effort from their previous game.