Australia Women vs England Women – Tri-Nation Women’s T20 Series International Preview & Prediction
When is Australia Women vs England Women taking place? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Australia Women vs England Women taking place? Manuka Oval, Canberra
What is the expected weather for Australia Women vs England Women? 38c in sunny skies
What channel is Australia Women vs England Women on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Australia Women vs England Women? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Australia Women vs England Women? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
England Women beat Australia Women by 17 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia Women will get their tri-series campaign underway as they face England Women and this series will serve as perfect preparation for the Australians ahead of the Women’s T20 World Cup.
- The defending champions will host that tournament and now get to face a couple of their nearest rivals before trying to earn the crown for the fifth time which they will be confident of doing with a host of world-class talent in their ranks.
- Australia are expected to name a strong team for this opening contest with the likes of Beth Mooney and Ellyse Perry leading the way whilst Ashleigh Gardner is set to feature after overcoming a head knock she sustained in training.
- England Women suffered defeat in their opening match of the tri-series as they fell to a narrow defeat against India Women and now face a tough task to respond as they come up against the reigning world champions.
- A below-par batting performance left England slightly short of a total they would have been comfortable having reached 147/7 with Heather Knight’s knock of 67 salvaging their innings, only two of her teammates making double-figures.
- Their bowling effort gave them a chance of the win and almost hanging on but India were able to surpass their target with three balls remaining and they will need to improve on that performance against Australia with likely the same line-up.
Australia Women will ramp-up their preparations for the Women’s T20 World Cup as they play their first game of this tri-nation series. They face an England Women’s side that were defeated in their opening game as India Women edged them in a close contest. Australia have a ridiculously strong squad and look set to field all of their big names for this game which should ensure that they have too much for England.