When is Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe taking place? Saturday, September 14th (13:30 UK)
Where is Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe taking place? Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe? 32c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
Afghanistan beat Zimbabwe by 17 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Afghanistan come into this T20 tri-series in buoyant mood having just beaten Bangladesh in a Test match – their first ever in that format of the game – and now they return to T20 action where they have won their last 10 matches.
- Star leg-spinner Rashid Khan will lead them in this T20 tri-series also after he led them in the Test win and led by example taking 11 wickets on their way to victory, and he will be fundamental to their hopes once again.
- Former captains Asghar Afghan and Gulbadin Naib will likely be in the team also as they have all their key players at their disposal including Mujeeb Ur Rahman who returns to the fold after a stint with Middlesex in the T20 Blast, along with star all-rounder Mohammad Nabi.
- Zimbabwe contrived to lose the opening match in this tri-series against Bangladesh on Friday despite being in a dominant position having restricted Bangladesh to 60/6 chasing their 144/5, but they failed to seal the win and they lost by three wickets with two balls to spare.
- They will take some heart from that display despite another defeat and the performance of 25-year-old Ryan Burl especially as he helped guide them from 63/5 to a respectable 144/5 with a bludgeoning half century as his unbeaten 57 came from just 32 balls.
- They will however want more from their senior batsmen with Taylor, Ervine and Williams combining for just 19 runs so there is still plenty of room for improvement in what could well be an unchanged team here.
This will be a fascinating match and one in which Afghanistan come into as favourites. Their development in recent years has seen overtake Zimbabwe in most formats of the game now and that is largely due to stars such as Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi developing top level talents. Zimbabwe are gong through a transitional phase and are blooding some younger players but they look set to go through growing pains before finding much success. Unless their experienced player step up significantly, another defeat looks likely here against an in-form Afghan side.