When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Tuesday 10th March, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Greater Noida Sports Complex Ground, Greater Noida, India
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 23c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? Afghanistan vs Ireland will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? Afghanistan vs Ireland cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Ticket for this match can be purchased from the stadium!
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 21 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Afghanistan clinched the series against Ireland with a game to spare as they earned victory in the second match to take an unassailable lead into the third and final contest where they will look to secure the whitewash.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman was expensive in the first game but he went for less runs whilst chipping in with three wickets in the second contest as he played a big role in helping his side to the 21-run victory.
- The top order all did a decent job to help Afghanistan to 184/4 and having defended that total with relative ease, they come into this final game with plenty of confidence and they may even look to tweak their side slightly to give some fringe players some game time.
- Ireland put in another valiant effort but never really looked capable of overcoming Afghanistan in the second of their three-match series and they now have a big job on to salvage some pride from the series.
- A couple of solid partnerships helped put Afghanistan into a strong position with Ireland’s bowling unit failing to make any real inroads into the batting line-up and they left themselves with a difficult task needing to chase down 185 to win.
- Captain Andy Balbirnie did a decent job with the bat as he struck 46 but the Irish did not score quickly enough and they ultimately fell short in their chase. They should hand a chance to Stephen Doheny in this final game in what would be his T20I debut for Ireland.
Afghanistan saw off the challenge of Ireland once again and will now look to claim the victory in the third and final game of the series as they attempt to wrap-up a whitewash. Ireland have been competitive in both games but it felt that they were always chasing the game in the second match and they will need to improve in this final game if they want to pick up a consolation win. The Irish are good enough to do so but with Afghanistan performing well so far this series, they should be able to build on their opening two performances to seal the clean-sweep.