When is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Friday 6th March, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is Afghanistan vs Ireland taking place? Greater Noida Sports Complex Ground, Greater Noida, India
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs Ireland? 19c but thunderstorms are expected
What channel is Afghanistan vs Ireland on? Afghanistan vs Ireland will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs Ireland? Afghanistan vs Ireland cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs Ireland? Ticket for this match can be purchased from the stadium!
Afghanistan beat Ireland by 32 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Afghanistan won their most recent T20 series last November as they bounced back from losing the first game against the West Indies to defeat their opponents by claiming the final two matches thanks to a couple of impressive displays.
- The Afghans thoroughly enjoyed themselves the last time they faced the Irish in a T20 series as they not only claimed a 3-0 series whitewash but they also smashed the highest T20 score of all time as they racked up an incredible 278/3.
- Hazrat Zazai notched a superb 162* that day and he will take his place in this squad despite struggling for fitness of late whilst there is also a recall for fast bowler Shapoor Zadran who has not featured for his country in a T20I since June 2018 and he could feature alongside impressive 19-year-old pair Azmatullah Omarzai and Qais Ahmed who are both hoping to make their debut in this game.
- Ireland earned an encouraging draw from their T20 series with the West Indies back in January and they will be eager to build on those performances although they will need to be better than what they produced in the final game of that series.
- Having won the first game after narrowly defending a score total of 208, the second game did not yield a result because of poor weather before Ireland were comprehensively beaten in the third and final game as they were bowled out for 138 which the Indies chased down with ease.
- The Irish will have to make do without Gary Wilson in their squad who has not travelled due to an illness so uncapped wicketkeeper-batsman Stephen Doheny is handed a chance to shine while Mark Adair misses out as he is still recovering from an ankle issue with Shane Getkate named in his place.
Afghanistan have proven difficult to beat in T20I matches over the last couple of years and they will be keen to continue their form against Ireland. They beat the West Indies in their most recent outing and will be confident of another success as they face the Irish, a team they whitewashed the last time the two met in February last year. Ireland showed some promising signs in their own series against the Windies but the conditions in India will be more suited to their opponents and the Afghans should win this first contest of the series.