When is West Indies vs India taking place? Wednesday, 14th August, 2019 – 14:30
Where is West Indies vs India taking place? Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs India? 29c and cloudy with a slight chance of rain
What channel is West Indies vs India on? West Indies vs India will be televised on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs India? West Indies vs India will be streamed live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs India? https://www.zoonga.com/indiatour
India beat West Indies by 59 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- West Indies find themselves one-nil down in the series coming into this final match and they will be desperate to get a victory here to salvage the series and give them a boost in confidence ahead of the Test series as they are yet to beat India in any format after being whitewashed in the T20s.
- Chris Gayle captured the headlines in the second match as that was his 300th ODI appearance and he also surpasses Brian Lara as the West Indies’ all-time leading runscorer in this format, but it ultimately proved to be another disappointing outing for him and the team as they fell 59 runs short in their rain-adjusted target.
- They are unlikely to make any drastic changes to the team although Keemo Paul could find his way back into the starting line-up with either Kemar Roach or the disappointing Oshane Thomas candidates to be rested.
- India ensured they would at least draw the ODI series with victory on Sunday to take a 1-0 lead coming into the final game and that victory was built around an outstanding century by Virat Kohli who hit 120 from 125 balls, and he was ably supported by Shreyas Iyer who contributed an excellent 71 from 68 balls himself.
- As good as the batting from those two was, they still needed a disciplined bowling performance to back them up and Bhuvneshwar Kumar led the way with 4/31 from eight overs and they tied up the Windies batsmen before frustration led to rash shots and ultimately getting themselves out.
- india have shown a tendency to rotate throughout this series already and they may consider making one or two more for this final game but they are still able to field a strong team, so it would no surprise to see a couple more alterations for this final match before the Test series begins.
India have thoroughly outclassed West Indies in all their matches so far in both formats, and before they kick off the Test series, they will be keen to wrap up the ODI series and continue whitewashing the hosts. Virat Kohli’s men have that extra touch of class in all facets of the game and they can always count on their key men to step up when needed. The same cannot be said of the West Indies however whose key figures are not performing and this could well be another defeat leading into the upcoming Test matches.