When is West Indies vs India taking place? Thursday, 8th August, 2019 – 14:30
Where is West Indies vs India taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Georgetown, Guyana
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs India? 29c and cloudy with a slight chance of rain
What channel is West Indies vs India on? West Indies vs India will be televised on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs India? West Indies vs India will be streamed live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs India? https://www.zoonga.com/indiatour
India beat West Indies by 125 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- West Indies were comfortably beaten in the third and final T20 international against India, despite posting a competitive 146/6, by far their highest score of the three-match series, as they were ultimately whitewashed in that series.
- The big-hitting Kieran Pollard struck his first T20 international half century in over seven years, but once again, openers Lewis and Narine failed to contribute any meaningful runs and the return of Chris Gayle to the top of the order will be much welcomed in this ODI series.
- The speed and aggression of the Windies bowling attack was a bright spot of their recent 50-over World Cup campaign and they will hope that the likes of Sheldon Cottrell and Oshane Thomas can carry that momentum into this series.
- India completed a clean sweep in the T20 series with a seven-wicket win, showing their class in a calm, controlled run chase that saw them reach their target with five balls to spare as they come into this ODI series with good confidence.
- Batting alongside captain Virat Kohli, young wicketkeeper batman Rishabh Pant continued to show why he is among the most exciting prospects in world cricket, hitting 65 runs from 42 balls and adding 106 runs with Kohli for the third wicket to break the back of the run chase.
- Rohit Sharma was rested with KL Rahul given a chance alongside Shikhar Dhawan, however the long-standing Indian opener is expected to retake his place at the top of the order for the first ODI.
India outclassed their West Indian counterparts over the three game T20 series and will be confident of a similar result in the opening one-day international. Their potent bowling attack proved lethal in 50-over cricket at the World Cup and with the return of Rohit to the side, India should have the all-round game to beat the West Indies in Guyana in this opening match.