When is Sri Lanka vs West Indies taking place? Wednesday 26th February, 2020 – 09:00 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs West Indies taking place? Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs West Indies? 32c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Sri Lanka vs West Indies on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs West Indies? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sri Lanka vs West Indies? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Sri Lanka beat West Indies by 1 wicket
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka got this three-match series off to a winning start on Saturday as they chased down the West Indies’ total of 289/7 with one wicket and five balls remaining and the opening match proved as close as many expected.
- The hosts looked to be cruising to their target as Fernando and Karunaratne put on an opening century stand to get off to an excellent start but while most of their batsmen got in and made a start, they failed to kick on and produce a big individual innings which is arguably the only real criticism from that opening win.
- The likelihood is that they will name an unchanged side for this second match although they may contemplate bringing Lahiru Kumara into the bowling attack if they want to change the pace attack around by bringing the strike bowler into the side for spinner Lakshan Sandakan.
- West Indies will not have been too disheartened despite them losing the opening one-day match on Saturday as they competed well after Shai hope’s century helped them post a competitive total after being put into bat and they fought until the very end before narrowly losing.
- Their issues at the top of the order continue to haunt them as the incoming Sunil Ambris could only manage three runs but they will likely give him another chance alongside Hope as they desperately try to find a partner for their best batsmen in this format of the game.
- If they do decide to make a change, then Brandon King could be given another chance to impress, while Fabian Allen is in contention if they decide to bring another spin option in and strengthen their batting with one of the pace bowlers likely to make way.
These two teams are relatively well matched as the first one-day international showed although Sri Lanka continue to have the marginal edge over the Windies. Sri Lanka look to have more players in form as their win on Saturday saw many more of their players contribute to the win, while the Windies relied heavily on a couple of individuals. Shai Hope continued his outstanding form with the bat and has now scored 620 runs in his last 10 ODI innings but they need more batsmen to contribute around him. He will likely lead the way once again here but whether that will be enough remains to be seen. The hosts are finding ways to win and have to be narrowly favoured here once again.