Sri Lanka vs West Indies – 1st One-Day International Preview & Prediction
When is Sri Lanka vs West Indies taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – 04:30 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs West Indies taking place? Singhalese Sports Club Cricket Ground, Colombo
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs West Indies? 29c in partly cloudy skies but thunderstorms could hit later in the game
What channel is Sri Lanka vs West Indies on? This match will not be televised live
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs West Indies? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sri Lanka vs West Indies? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
Sri Lanka beat West Indies by 23 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka return to ODI action for the first time since July last year when they were 3-0 winners in a series whitewash against Bangladesh but they face a tough challenge against West Indies here.
- Dimuth Karunaratne will lead the side once again and he will have Thisara Perera at his disposal after the all-rounder was recalled to the squad after some impressive performances in domestic T20 matches.
- The Sri Lankans have named two wicket-keepers in their squad with Niroshan Dickwella and Kusal Perera both selected and it remains to be seen who will keep wicket although the pair could feature in the same side.
- West Indies were given a scare in their most recent ODI series against Ireland and will know they have to improve ahead of this trip to Sri Lanka or they could be in for a disappointing series.
- The Windies have already received a big blow ahead of this tour with Evin Lewis and Shimron Hetmyer both failing to prove their fitness and will be absent from the ODI series with Lewis’ absence in particular a big blow.
- Darren Bravo is back in the fold after earning a recall following some strong performances on the domestic scene and Fabian Allen also returns to the squad after overcoming a knee injury.
Sri Lanka will have to adjust to the 50-format version of the game quickly as they host the West Indies. This is Sri Lanka’s first venture into ODI cricket in over six months and their opponents have played several matches during that time. The Windies did not perform too convincingly in their most recent series against Ireland but should have learned a lot of lessons from those matches. They will be missing a couple of key batsmen up the order but have the depth to deal with those absences and should come out on top in this game.