When is Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 10:00 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh taking place? Colombo
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh? Temperatures between 28-29c with sunshine and some clouds forecast
What channel is Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh on? Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh will not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh? Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh? Tickets can be purchased directly from the stadium for this match
Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka finally ended their long run without back-to-back wins after going 23 completed matches since they achieved such a feat, dating back to August 2018, and can now look to claim a series whitewash against Bangladesh.
- Having failed to win a home series since November 2015, the Sri Lankans will go into this final clash with the pressure off, thanks in part to Avishka Fernando who hit a superb 82 off 75 balls to get his side’s run chase off to a great start before prevailing by seven wickets.
- Isuru Udana won the race to replace Lasith Malinga in the starting line-up and will feel he has done enough to retain his place in the side after chipping in with two wickets but Kasun Rajitha and Dasun Shanaka will be pushing for a spot for this final match.
- Bangladesh lost the second ODI against Sri Lanka with the hosts proving to be fairly comfortable victors and that defeat means that the Tigers have now lost four consecutive ODI matches for the first time since 2017.
- A fantastic unbeaten 98 from Mushfiqur Rahim proved in vain as his side scored 238/8 from their 50 overs but Sri Lanka were able to chase that total down with 32 balls remaining as the home side sealed the series.
- Mehidy Hasan was the only one to give Rahim any real support in the batting department whilst the bowling unit struggled to find the wickets they needed to keep Sri Lanka in check and that is where changes could come for this final game of the series.
Bangladesh have plenty of work to do ahead of this final game of the series if they are to avoid a whitewash. With an under-strength line-up, they will not have expected a great deal from this series but have been disappointing with only a couple of individual performances to write home about. The Sri Lankans will be in a buoyant mood after putting to bed several long-standing and unwanted records and they can end the series on a high with another victory to complete a 3-0 series win.