When is South Africa vs England taking place? Tuesday 4th February, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs England taking place? Newlands Cricket Ground, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs England? 24c in mostly sunny skies
What channel is South Africa vs England on? South Africa vs England will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs England? South Africa vs England will be streamed live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs England? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
England beat South Africa by 104 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa put in a poor performance during the recent Test series with England and will hope for big improvements as they turn their focus to this three-match ODI series but they will have a big task on their hands against the world champions.
- Quinton de Kock averaged just under 50 in the Test series as he ended with more runs than any other player across the four matches and will hope to lead the way once again as he skippers a side that could include exciting prospect Janneman Malan who will hope to become de Kock's new partner to open the batting although Reeza Hendricks is another option for the Proteas.
- South Africa did have
some injury concerns ahead of this first game with Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz
and Jon-Jon Smuts all struggling with knocks but the trio have passed
their respective fitness tests and will be in contention for selection along with Kyle Verreynne, Lutho Sipamla and Bjorn Fortuin who will be hoping to make their debut.
- After a successful Test series, England will look to keep their momentum going in the ODI series and this will be the first time that they have played a game of this format since winning the World Cup last year.
- Jofra Archer will be missing for England because of his elbow injury and although he was due to be rested for this ODI series, that problem has ruled him out of the subsequent T20 series too and he will be joined on the sidelines by fellow World Cup winners Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes who are rested but there is no place in the squad for Liam Plunkett whose ODI career could be over .
- England have named a squad full of talent with the world champions having plenty of batting options in their side and one of those men is Tom Banton who is set to be given the chance to nail a place in the side whilst the likes of Saqib Mahmood, Lewis Gregory and Matt Parkinson will also be pushing for a spot in the side.
South Africa were routed in the Test series and have it all to do as they face the world champions in a three-match ODI series. England have not named their strongest possible squad with the likes of Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes afforded a rest but there are still plenty of match-winners in their side and they boast some exciting, young talent who will be eager to shine should they be given a chance. With plenty of runs in their side, England should have too much and are likely to take a 1-0 lead in this opening match of the series.