When is India vs West Indies taking place? Sunday, December 22nd (08:00 UK time)
Where is India vs West Indies taking place? Barabati Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha
What is the expected weather for India vs West Indies? 27c in clear sunshine
What channel is India vs West Indies on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs West Indies? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs West Indies? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat West Indies by 107 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- India hit back in brilliant fashion as they won the second ODI against West Indies to level the series and they will now attempt to make it back-to-back wins to seal the series in this deciding contest in Odisha.
- After their top order struggled in the first match, opening pair KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma struck centuries as they put on 227 for the first wicket and that contribution set the tone for the rest of the contest as India scored 387.
- The bowling unit also struggled in the first game but they too showed big improvements and they were able to dismiss the West Indies for 280 although that same unit will not be present for the final game with Deepak Chahar picking up a back problem and he has been replaced in the squad by Navdeep Saini who is in line to make his ODI debut.
- West Indies were unable to build on their brilliant performance in the first ODI as they suffered a heavy defeat in the second contest and they must now find a way to respond as the series goes to the deciding match.
- India were able to post a huge total with the Windies showing little resistance with the ball and that gave the touring side a huge challenge as they were tasked with chasing down 388 runs for the victory that would have sealed the series.
- They got off to a decent start but the loss of frequent wickets saw them struggle to build partnerships and with only three players managing to score more than 40 runs, the end result was inevitable as they lost by 107 runs.
The first two matches of this series have been extremely entertaining and the third and deciding game should follow suit. Both India and West Indies have put in magnificent batting performances with India responding to the Windies’ effort in the first game with a superb score of 387 in the second contest. The final game could go either way but India now have the momentum and having outplayed the Windies with both bat and ball in the second game, they should be able to back that up with another win to seal the series.