When is India vs West Indies taking place? Wednesday, December 18th (08:00 UK time)
Where is India vs West Indies taking place? Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA–VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
What is the expected weather for India vs West Indies? 28c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is India vs West Indies on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs West Indies? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs West Indies? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
West Indies beat India by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- India were blown away by the West Indies in the first ODI of their three-match series and the hosts have it all to do if they are to prevent back-to-back series’ defeats on home soil since they lost to West Indies in 2002 and Pakistan in 2005.
- India’s top order failed to fire and despite managing to make a respectable 287/8, the bowling unit were unable to live with their opponents and the struggle to take wickets prevented them from stopping the West Indies from chasing down the total.
- Much had been made of India’s issue in the middle order in the build-up to the first game but they performed well with Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant each scoring into the 70s and it is the bowlers whose places may come under threat with Shivam Dube struggling on debut.
- West Indies were in devastating form with the bat as they produced a big upset to beat India in the opening ODI and if they can maintain that form heading into this second game, they could make light work of claiming a series win.
- It was a solid performance across the board with the ball but Sheldon Cottrell, Keemo Paul and Alzarri Joseph did most of the damage as they chipped in with a couple of wickets apiece to give the batsmen a total that could be chased down.
- The efforts of the bowlers were overshadowed by two magnificent knocks with the bat as Shai Hope notched an unbeaten 102 while Shimron Hetmyer struck a glorious 139 off just 106 balls with the pair putting on an outstanding partnership of 218 to guide their side to the eight-wicket triumph.
India have to make major improvements if they are to avoid a series defeat against the West Indies. The Windies produced a spectacular batting display with Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer playing huge roles in their side’s win as they put on the biggest partnership for a West Indian pairing when chasing a score and with it, they also accomplished the highest ever run chase in Chennai. In a very rare occurrence, no wickets fell to a spinner in the first game but that is likely to be a different story in this second game with India able to bounce back to keep the series alive.