When is India vs West Indies taking place? Sunday, December 15th (08:00 UK time)
Where is India vs West Indies taking place? MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
What is the expected weather for India vs West Indies? 28c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is India vs West Indies on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs West Indies? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs West Indies? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat West Indies by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- India came out on top of the three-match T20 series against the West Indies and will be keen to build on that success as they turn their attention to the 50-over format but they have suffered an injury blow on the eve of this series.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar looks set to drop out of the squad after the fast bowler picked up an injury in the final T20 match and although the Indians are being coy on the knock, it is thought that it is not related to the hamstring injury that affected him during the World Cup.
- Shikhar Dhawan has already been ruled out of the series because of a knee injury and that has seen Mayank Agarwal come into the squad in his place and they need another replacement if Kumar is forced to miss out.
- West Indies were unable to build on their strong performance that saw them level the T20 series against India as they suffered a heavy loss in the third and final game with the hosts’ superb total of 240 proving far too much for the Windies to chase down.
- After a clean sweep in their recent ODI series against Afghanistan, the West Indies will bring some confidence into this series but know they face a much tougher task against the team ranked second in the ICC ODI rankings.
- After the successful series against Afghanistan, the Windies have opted to name the same squad but that means no place for all-rounders Andre Russell and Dwayne Bravo. Kieron Pollard continues to captain the side and he will be supported by Shai Hope who takes over the role of vice-captain.
India produced a devastating display of batting to seal the deciding game in the T20 series against the West Indies and will be confident of replicating that form in this ODI series. India were 2-0 winners against the Windies in their last ODI series in August but the Indians lost their previous series on home soil as Australia beat them 3-2 before the World Cup, and they will be keen to put that right as they put their proud home record on the line. West Indies are missing a couple of game-winners and that is likely to be vital with India coming out on top in this opening game of the series.