When is India vs Australia taking place? Tuesday 14th January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? 27c in bright sunshine and clear skies
What channel is India vs Australia on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs Australia? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat Australia by 36 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- India will hope to translate their impressive form in T20 matches to the 50-over format of the game as they host Australia in a three-match series in what will renew their recent rivalry.
- It is a big series for India after Australia defeated them in their last series in what proved to be thrilling viewing and these three matches are expected to be equally enthralling - but the hosts must fix their issues down the order if they are to be successful.
- India have had a big reliance on their top order and they will have to continue to deal with the absence of Hardik Pandya who has been left out to continue his rehabilitation from a long-term back issue.
- Australia will turn to one-day duty for the first time since the World Cup last year and will be confident of a solid showing after whitewashing their opponents in their most recent T20 series’.
- The last time Australia visited India in March last year saw a superb series unfold and the Baggy Greens overturned a 2-0 deficit to win the final three games and claim a superb 3-2 series win.
- They travel for this series without all-rounder Sean Abbott who has been ruled out with a side strain but his absence has presented D’Arcy Short with an opportunity to feature in the squad and he will be hoping to make the most of his opportunity if selected.
India will have a point to prove as they face Australia in what should be an entertaining three-match ODI series. India got the better of Australia in their clash at the World Cup but it was Australia who came back from the brink the last time these teams met in a series as they won three games on the spin to claim a famous 3-2 series victory on Indian soil last year. Both teams have performed well in recent T20 matches and will be confident of transferring that to the shortest format of the game but it is the tourists who can get off to a strong start here and capitalise on India’s middle-order batting issues.