When is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Friday 6th March, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? 26c in mostly cloudy skies
What channel is Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe on? The match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? The match can be streamed live on Betfair
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly at the stadium!
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 4 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bangladesh made another brilliant score in their second ODI match against Zimbabwe but unlike in the first contest, they did not have things their own way as they had to cling on to claim a narrow victory.
- The hosts struck 322/8 thanks to an extraordinary innings from opener Tamim Iqbal whose 158 at a strike rate of over 116 was the highest individual score posted by a Bangladeshi in this format of the game but despite the big total, Zimbabwe gave Bangladesh a scare by chasing hard and some late runs down the order almost produced a shock result.
- The hosts were able to hold on to win by four runs and they will look to complete a series whitewash in this final game where Najmul Shanto will be under pressure to score some runs at the top of the order whilst Mushfiqur Rahim is rested after deciding against travelling to Pakistan for the one-off ODI next month so this side will have a similar feel to the one that features in that contest.
- Zimbabwe put up a valiant fight in their chase of a huge total in the second ODI against Bangladesh and they will take a lot of heart from that slender defeat but will hope to turn that performance into a victory in the final game of the series.
- Bangladesh were able to post over 320 for the second game in succession against the tourists as they failed to stem the flow of runs but some brilliant batting down the order from Donald Tiripano almost saw Zimbabwe pull off an unlikely win.
- He struck a quick-fire 55* off just 28 balls but it proved in vain and that effort only serves to highlight that the Zimbabweans must be better with the ball in this final game if they are to come away from the series with a consolation win.
Bangladesh were given an almighty scare as they almost failed to defend a huge score in their second ODI against Zimbabwe. They did just enough in the end and that win secured the series but they will want to improve in this final match and seal the whitewash. Zimbabwe showed some great signs with the bat but it is with the ball where they need to improve as they cannot keep needing to chase down over 300 to win matches. The way that Zimbabwe fought back in the second game may allow Bangladesh to refocus and they should be able to come out on top again to claim the series 3-0.