Australia vs New Zealand – 2nd One-Day International Preview & Prediction
When is Australia vs New Zealand taking place? Saturday 14th March, 2020 – 23:30 (UK)
Where is Australia vs New Zealand taking place? SCG, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Australia vs New Zealand? 17c but there is a chance of showers that could impact on play
What channel is Australia vs New Zealand on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia vs New Zealand? The match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs New Zealand? The match will be played behind closed doors
Australia beat New Zealand by 71 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia put their poor performances against South Africa behind them as they claimed a comfortable victory over New Zealand in the opening match of the three-game ODI series in front of an empty stadium at the SCG.
- A strong opening partnership of 124 between David Warner and Aaron Finch got the hosts off to a good start but other than Marnus Labuschagne, the rest of the batting line-up failed to build on the efforts of their openers as they stuttered to 258/7.
- Pat Cummins and Mitchell Marsh ensured that total was enough as they took three wickets apiece to help their side bowl the Blackcaps out for 187 and they will look to build on that success in game two, but they will be unable to call upon Kane Richardson once again who has now dropped out of the squad with Sean Abbott replacing him.
- New Zealand failed with the bat as they suffered a very disappointing loss against Australia in the opening game of the series and they will be desperate to put that defeat behind them as they make a quick return to the SCG.
- When the Blackcaps finally broke Australia’s opening partnership having put on 124, they started to make decent inroads into the batting line-up and managed to leave themselves with a total of 259 to chase down for victory.
- New Zealand never really got going as they made slow progress and the loss of a flurry of wickets when they had started to build resulted in a poor batting effort that left them well short of their target and they may now opt for a different strategy in this game having gone with two spinners in the opening contest.
New Zealand failed to show their recent ODI form as they collapsed with the bat against Australia in the opening match of the three-game series. They did a decent job with the ball after a tricky start but it was their effort with the bat that they will need to improve on in this second game. Australia were able to put in a solid display after a tired-looking effort in South Africa and with their bowlers doing a great job, they can repeat that performance to wrap the series up if the weather does not stop the game going ahead.