When is Australia vs India taking place? Friday, November 27th, 2020 – 03:40 (UK)
Where is Australia vs India taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground
What is the expected weather for Australia vs India? 24c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Australia vs India on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport 1 (Sky channel 413)
Where can I stream Australia vs India? The match can be streamed live using the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs India? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
India beat Australia by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia have only played three one-day internationals since play resumed following the COVID-19 pandemic but they were in impressive form as they won 2-1 against world champions England in Manchester back in September.
- Steve Smith missed the series with England due to injury but he is back and will be raring to go here as he returns to the line-up at the expense of Mitch Marsh who is nursing an injury himself picked up in the IPL.
- The rest of the team picks itself right now as Marcus Stoinis will keep his place but likely drops down to number five or six while they should field their strongest bowling attack of Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood and Zampa to start this series against a formidable Indian side.
- This series represents India’s first action in the 50-over format since February where they lost 3-0 in New Zealand so they will be determined to get back to action and do well albeit against one of the toughest opponents they could face.
- The visitors will be led by Virat Kohli as usual but they are without Rohit Sharma who was struggling with injury throughout the IPL and is using this time to recover so that will hand an opportunity for KL Rahul to partner Shikhar Dhawan at the top of the order.
- Their squad is full of quality and there are one or two options to consider in terms of selection but ultimately they will need big performances from their experienced key men like Kohli, Dhawan, Bumrah, Shami and Chahal if they are to cause the hosts problems here.
These two teams met back in January with India edging that highly competitive series 2-1 but this will be a different proposition on Australian tracks. Players in both teams should be up to speed in terms of recent playing time as plenty of the players have played in the IPL while Australia will have benefitted from the series in England back in September. Games between these two teams often come down to fine margins but home advantage will be key for Australia. They could well be the sharper of the two teams with fatigue potentially a factor for some of the Indian players after the hectic IPL schedule and with fans allowed in the ground, the hosts will be desperate to do well in front of them. Expect the hosts to get off to a winning start in this series.