IPL 2021 – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Preview & Prediction
When is Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Sunday 18th April, 2021 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
Where can I get tickets for Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Royal Challengers Bangalore come into their third match of this year’s IPL as the only team yet to taste defeat so after beating Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad, they will look to pick up a third win in a row against Kolkata Knight Riders this time.
- They have won batting first and second in their opening two games so they will not be phased if they lose the toss and are put into bat as seems to be the trend by virtually all teams so far in the tournament.
- Australian all-rounder Daniel Sams has now come out of quarantine since arriving and could be under consideration in place of compatriot Dan Christian although after two wins in a row, RCB are likely to go unchanged once again.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Kolkata Knight Riders have won one and lost one so far but they will be eager to bounce back after their disappointing loss last time out at the hands of the Mumbai Indians after they faltered from 72-0 to 142/7 which left them ten runs short.
- Their middle order is proving to be somewhat fragile so skipper Eoin Morgan will be desperate to improve his own form but Andre Russell and Shakib Al Hasan both need to contribute more with the bat after struggling badly so far.
- Lockie Ferguson is one key asset waiting in the wings but the bowling side of their game has not been lacking so he may have to bide his time while Ben Cutting, Tim Seifert and Sunil Narine could well be handed a chance soon if they do decide to rotate.
It is rare to see RCB being the last unbeaten team in the IPL but they have made an excellent start to this campaign and Virat Kohli’s men certainly look to have improved with bat and ball. Their recruitment has been superb with the signings of Glenn Maxwell and Kyle Jamieson impressing. They have the clear edge in form although KKR will surely produce a reaction after the disappointing performance last time out. Eoin Morgan’s men can beat anybody on their day but they just have more weaknesses than RCB right now. With that in mind, Kohli’s men are marginally preferred to win this game and win a third successive game.