IPL 2021 – Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview & Prediction
When is Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Friday 30th April, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
Where can I get tickets for Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Punjab Kings are arguably the most inconsistent side in the IPL this year as they wildly rotate between the sublime and the ridiculous as their latest loss comes after a dismal batting performance where they could only muster 123/9 against KKR.
- They have struggled when batting first on several occasions in this tournament having posted totals of 106/8, 120 all out and 123/9 in three of their last five games which is a major concern for them.
- Chris Jordan came into the side last time out and performed well with bat and ball so there is every chance the English T20 specialist retains his place for this game in what could very well be an unchanged side unless they finally give a chance to Dawid Malan.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Royal Challengers Bangalore responded nicely to their first defeat in this year’s IPL to Chennai Super Kings as they beat Delhi Capitals last time out in a thrilling game which saw them defend their total of 171/5 by a solitary run.
- Daniel Sams was brought into the side for that game and the Australian all-rounder enjoyed a good performance which will likely see him retain his place and potentially a run in the starting line-up now.
- While their overseas stars continue to impress, it is the form of local talents such as Devdutt Padikkal and Rajat Patidar who are making a major difference compared to recent seasons for RCB and the squad is looking remarkably strong right now.
Punjab Kings remains incredibly difficult to analyse and predict due to their wild inconsistency, so much depends on which version of them turn up here. They are however meeting an RCB that has been mightily impressive so far and are full of confidence right now. The depth of their batting is as good as any in the tournament and they have great options from a bowling perspective too. Virat Kohli will fancy his chances of winning the tournament this year and he will be demanding his team do not ease off the gas despite winning five of their first six games. There are far more guarantees when it comes to analysing their performance and while the Kings have plenty of firepower in their ranks, RCB have to be preferred pre-toss.