When is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Saturday 1st May, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- After two losses in a row, Mumbai Indians got back to winning ways last time out as they produced their best all-round performance of this edition of the IPL as they overcame the Rajasthan Royals by seven wickets with nine balls to spare.
- They made the decision to withdraw Ishan Kishan in that game and bring Nathan Coulter-Nile in and while it did not exactly improve the bowling necessarily, the batting was weakened as their top six stepped up and chased down 172 in impressive style.
- There is every chance that they will go with the same eleven for this game although they could be tempted to bring Ishan Kishan back in at the expense of Jayant Yadav who has struggled in recent games.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Chennai Super Kings have been the standout team in the IPL so far as they have won five of their six games and sit top of the ladder following yet another comprehensive victory – this time a seven-wicket win over Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Moeen Ali and Lungi Ngidi were both fit to return to the side in that game and both contributed well once again to their victory which saw Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis put on a superb opening stand of 129.
- CSK have lost six of their last seven matches against Mumbai but they will come into this game with more confidence than many of those previous encounters and they will surely go with an unchanged line-up.
This clash between two IPL giants always promises fireworks but it is the Mumbai Indians who have dominated meetings in recent times winning six of the last seven. It is the Super Kings who come in with all the momentum having won five of their six games in this edition but the manner of some of the wins of late have been particularly impressive. CSK have typically struggled against this Mumbai bowling attack however so it will be interesting to see if they can overcome that here and do better. The Indians looked refreshed last time out and have the bit between their teeth right now so they will be fired up to beat the leaders. CSK will fancy their chances of claiming a rare win over the Indians but Mumbai have just had the edge in so many matchups stylistically in the last couple of years and they are favoured to get the win here too.