IPL 2021 – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Wednesday 21st April, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Where can I get tickets for Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- After an opening win against Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kolkata Knight Riders have since lost their last two matches at the hands of Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore, and the manner of those losses will be particularly concerning to Eoin Morgan’s men.
- Too many of their players are out of form and they desperately need their key experienced men such as the England captain to produce more and it would be no surprise if that leads to some changes to the line-up.
- Shakib Al Hasan could well make way with Sunil Narine and Lockie Ferguson waiting in the wings while they could decide to bring Shivam Mavi into the line-up ahead of Harbhajan Singh to add an extra pace option now they have moved to Mumbai.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Chennai Super Kings have experienced the opposite to KKR so far as they were disappointing in their opener but have responded well by winning their last two matches against Punjab Kings and the Rajasthan Royals.
- One advantage they may have in this game is the fact they have played all three of their matches so far in Mumbai at the Wankhede so are familiar with the conditions there unlike KKR.
- The team is extremely settled right now and it is hard to see changes to the line-up given the fact they have won their last two matches but Ruturaj Gaikwad’s position at the top of the order is under some threat due to his struggles to Robin Uthappa could well come in.
There are a number of factors that are in favour of Chennai Super Kings coming into this game such as form and the fact they have played three games in Mumbai already unlike KKR who play their first game there. They simply have far more of their players in form while KKR have very few who they could say are playing anywhere close to their best right now. Eoin Morgan is under some pressure to change things around and they could make a couple of changes to try spark a reaction. With the players in their squad and the likes of Morgan and Dre Russ in the middle order, they are always capable of matchwinning fireworks but they need to produce some magic quickly. CSK are the safer option all-round and could well compound KKR’s miseries unless Morgan and co can produce something special.