When is Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Monday 19th April, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Where can I get tickets for Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- After a comprehensive loss to the Delhi Capitals in the opening game, the Chennai Super Kings won against Punjab Kings last time out by six wickets and 4.2 overs after Deepak Chahar’s stunning bowling performance of 4/13 from his four overs.
- After reducing the Kings to just 106/8 last time out, the key to the Super Kings’ success came in the bowling department as they kept the pressure on the Kings’ batsmen the entire innings throughout.
- After a golden duck last time, Ambati Rayudu could be under pressure from Robin Uthappa while Lungi Ngidi is available after quarantine so the South African pace bowler could well come into the side for Dwayne Bravo.
- Rajasthan Royals fell four runs short in their mammoth run chase against Punjab Kings but they bounced back well last time out against Delhi Capitals beating them by three wickets and two balls to spare.
- Jaydev Unadkat came in last time out and took 3/15 from his four overs to add some spice to the bowling attack but they still look weak without Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer and the pressure remains firmly on Chris Morris to produce the goods.
- Spinner Shreyas Gopal is a candidate to come into the side while they may also consider Liam Livingstone but they are most likely to name an unchanged side after winning their first game last time out.
Both Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals come into his game with a 50/50 record and after a win but it is CSK that will have the greater confidence coming into this one. They looked exceptional with the ball and solid enough with the bat so that will give them confidence especially if they win the toss. The Royals are scrapping hard and their win last time out was based on a strong bowling performance. They do look somewhat weakened without Stokes and Archer however and CSK have to be marginally favoured in what should be another close-fought game.