When is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals taking place? Saturday 10th April, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Where can I get tickets for Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- After failing to reach the play-offs for the first time in their illustrious 11 seasons in the IPL, the Chennai Super Kings will be fired up to get back to winning ways and last year’s failure has led to something of an overhaul to their roster.
- Knowing that they do not have home advantage where spin is heavily favoured in Chennai, they have also had to move away from their spin-heavy bowling attack and that saw them recruit Josh Hazelwood but he has pulled out of the tournament so they will rely on Lungi Ngidi to find some form alongside Indian pacemen Shardul Thakur and Deepak Chahar although he misses this opening game due to quarantine.
- Suresh Raina returns to the fold after missing last season while they will be hoping Ravindra Jadeja has recovered from his thumb problem that has kept him out of international duty of late, while they will be hoping for big contributions from signings Moeen Ali and Robin Uthappa who both strengthen their batting line-up.
- Delhi Capitals came ever so close to winning the IPL in 2020 but fell short against the experienced Mumbai Indians but that will give them confidence that they can kick on and challenge for the trophy this year too.
- Their preparations have been dealt something of a blow by the injury to Shreyas Iyer while on international duty so that will add pressure to their other local batsmen such as Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant to produce in his absence.
- The Capitals will be without South African pace duo Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje who are in quarantine while Axar Patel is also doubtful so those absentees will hand opportunities to the likes of Steve Smith and Chris Woakes who will be keen to impress.
Chennai Super Kings struggled badly last year in the UAE without home advantage and that could well be the case this campaign too unless they adapt better. The pitches are less spin friendly and they have never relied on big hitting as their batting has always been about pacing their innings, but their style and tactics were found out last year. The same could happen once again this time around as they play away from Chennai, and it will take some turnaround for them to improve. They face a Delhi Capitals side that are missing some key players but still possess plenty of quality in their ranks. The firepower in the Capitals’ batting order could well prove to be the decisive factor in this game and they are preferred to get off to a winning start.