When is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Friday 16th October, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? 34c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai Indians have real momentum behind them at present as they have won their last four matches and they come off a relatively comfortable five-wicket win over Delhi Capitals in a clash of the top two sides.
- The consistency in their team selection has been a feature with Ishan Kishan and Saurabh Tiwary having shared time but the other ten players having played all seven which has certainly helped them build this form and momentum.
- It is hard to make a case for any changes unless they decide to give somebody like Nathan Coulter-Nile an opportunity to get some playing time but all the signs points towards the usual eleven.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Kolkata Knight Riders were comprehensively beaten by 82 runs last time out against Royal Challengers Bangalore to stay on eight points from seven matches and they are now faced with the task of beating their bogey team in the IPL.
- They brought talented English big-hitter Tom Banton in last time out for Sunil Narine after the West Indian was reportedly questioned over his bowling action and despite scoring just eight runs, Banton will hope for another chance here.
- There is some speculation that Lockie Ferguson could be given a chance to strengthen the bowling attack which continues to struggle and that is largely down to the underwhelming performances by expensive signing Pat Cummins who has figures of 26-0-222-2 across his seven matches so they may bring Ferguson in to ease the pressure on Cummins.
Of all the rivalries in the IPL, this is one of the more lop-sided encounters in IPL history as Mumbai Indians have won 20 of the 26 matches played. KKR notoriously struggle against the Indian and they will have to play much better if they are to compete with them here. They have already suffered one heavy loss to the Indians this year as KKR lost their first match of IPL 202 by 49 runs against them and they really need to bounce back to have any chance of snapping this poor form against them. The Indians are in excellent form right now having won their last four and with an excellent bowling attack and incredible depth in batting, they have to be favoured to beat KKR yet again.