indianIPL 2020 – Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Saturday 19th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? 37c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai Indians overtook opponents Chennai Super Kings as the most successful team in IPL history as their triumph in 2019 took them to four titles and they will be just as motivated to enjoy another successful campaign this time around albeit in the United Arab Emirates.
- They will once again have a formidable roster at their disposal with skipper Rohit Sharma leading the way and he will open the batting with Quinton de Kock with newcomer Chris Lynn coming in at number three in what is arguably the most fearsome opening trio in the tournament.
- Their trio of all-rounders – Kieron Pollard and the Pandya brothers - add major depth with bat and ball while the bowling attack led by Jasprit Bumrah remains once of the strongest in the tournament so they will be raring to go in this opening game.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- After finishing as runners-up last year, Chennai Super Kings will be determined to go one better this time around and they have retained a large part of the team that within two runs of winning that final against Mumbai.
- They will be led again by legend MS Dhoni who will play his first game since retiring from international cricket back in August but there will be no doubting his determination and hunger to win another IPL.
- They will hope to have Josh Hazelwood available as soon as possible as the quarantine periods have been reduced in UAE for players that were in bio-secure bubbles in England or the West Indies, but he is unlikely to feature here and they have good options to go with for this opener.
The best two teams from 2019 and in fact in IPL history meet in this opening match and they will both be desperate to get off to a winning start. Chennai Super Kings have always been incredibly strong at home so they will have to adjust to their new surroundings in UAE and that may affect them more than other teams. That said, the pitches are likely to favour spinners and they have a strong spin bowling attack led by Imran Tahir and Ravindra Jadeja so that could give them the edge. The Indians line-up looks absolutely formidable however and while they lack a world class spinner, the pace attack and batting looks exceptional. They are marginally favoured to win this opener against Chennai but in a match that could literally go either way, this opener is definitely one to just sit back and enjoy to see who can find some early form and acclimatise the quickest.