IPL 2020 – Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview & Prediction
When is Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Monday 2nd November, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? 31c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Delhi Capitals are in their worst form at the worst time as they have lost their last four matches and they run the risk of being knockout out of a top four spot which they have sat in the entire edition.
- It has been their batting which has particularly let them down as they could only muster 110/9 against Mumbai Indians last time out in that nine-wicket loss and they have failed to put more than 135 on the board in any of their last three matches which is simply not enough.
- Coach Ricky Ponting has some big selection decisions to make and it will be interesting to see if he keeps faith with the likes of Marcus Stoinis who is struggling with the bat or whether he gives Alex Carey or even Sandeep Lamichhane an opportunity on a pitch where spin will be favoured.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Not too dissimilar to Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore have lost form at just the wrong time as they have lost their last three matches and defeat here could see them drop out of the top four.
- Unlike the Capitals, they will not be too concerned by the form of their batsmen as Kohli and De Villiers are capable of producing goods when it matters the most but the pressure will be on some of their younger players in this crunch game.
- It seems unlikely they will make any changes for their line-up for this game unless there is a switch in their bowling attack if they decide to rotate their local players and potentially even throw another spinner into the side.
This promises to be another hugely tense game in the IPL like some of the matches over the weekend with plenty of the line as the winners will know they are through but the losers will be relying on net run rate. With neither batting line-up in good form, this could simply come down to which side can cope best with the pressure and find some runs. The depth of the Capitals batting should give them the edge but they desperately need somebody to find some form. RCB are not doing much better and while Kohli and De Villiers can win any game at any time, they have struggled against spin and this track is expected to be slow and to favour spin. The marginal preference here is for the Capitals to turn it around and get the win due to their batsmen being more suited to a track like this but whichever side deals best with the pressure should ultimately win.