When is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Wednesday 14th October, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
What is the expected weather for Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? 36c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Delhi Capitals three-match winning streak was snapped last time out against Mumbai Indians as their total of 162/4 when batting first proved to insufficient as Mumbai chased it down with five wickets and two balls to spare.
- There will be no kneejerk reactions following that defeat however and the likelihood is that they go with an unchanged team which means Australian Alex Carey should get another start ahead of Shimron Hetmyer.
- Kagiso Rabada took another two wickets in that game to take his tally to an impressive 17 in seven matches and the Capitals’ superb bowling attack will look to bounce back and exploit this fragile Royals’ batting order.
- Rajasthan Royals picked up a vital victory last time out against Sunrisers Hyderabad to snap a three-match losing streak as Rahul Tewatia and Riyan Parag produced an unbroken stand of 85 to lead them to victory after slipping to 78/5.
- The Royals experimented with Ben Stokes opening the innings in his first game in IPL 2020 but he could only manage five runs while Jos Buttler and Steve Smith both struggled as their fragile top order reared its head once again.
- The bowling attack will need to step up here as other than Jofra Archer who leads the way in wickets and economy rate, none of the other members of the unit have impressed so far so the Royals will hope Ben Stokes can find some form quickly.
Delhi Capitals come into this game after a rare defeat and Ricky Ponting’s men will be eager to bounce back. They face Rajasthan Royals who have won three of their seven games and they have not been convincing at all in recent matches. Their batting remains fragile with some key men out of touch while their bowling unit aside from Archer is struggling. That does not bode well when meeting the Capitals who have been one of the more impressive teams in the tournament so far. Delhi will be fired up to get back to winning ways and while their excellent bowling attack can cause the Royals’ batsmen all kinds of problems, their batting should also be too strong so expect a comfortable win for the Capitals.