When is Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab taking place? Sunday 20th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
What is the expected weather for Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab? 38c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Delhi Capitals showed plenty of positive signs last year finishing level on points with Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings in he group phase but they fell short in the knockout phase and they remain without ever having lifted the trophy.
- Ricky Ponting continues to coach the team and there will be high expectations that they can go even further this time around as their talented young squad have a bit more experience behind them and the roster is full of quality.
- Shreyas Iyer leads the side and the local core of the team is incredibly strong featuring PP Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Ravi Ashwin and Ishant Sharma, while the overseas stars such as Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Kagiso Rabada and Sandeep Lamichhane form an incredibly strong line-up.
KINGS XI PUNJAB
- Kings XI Punjab are another one of the three teams never to have won the IPL and they contrived to throw away a good position last year after winning four of their opening six games, they only managed two more in their remaining eight to miss the play-offs.
- They are led by KL Rahul who open the batting along with Mayank Agarwal while they will be hoping for big things from their overseas contingent with Nichols Pooran, Glenn Maxwell and Mujeeb Ur Rahman key figures for them.
- They arguably have one of the weaker groups of local players in this edition and that could well be their downfall but they really will rely on their skipper KL Rahul to inspire them in this game and in the tournament overall.
Delhi Capitals are considered by many to have their best chance of winning in IPL title this year and they look incredibly strong on paper. They open their campaign against Kings XI Punjab and they will be confident of getting a win. The batting is formidable and the bowling is one of the best in the tournament so they will hope to hit the ground running. As with every team, Kings XI have some matchwinners on their day but they do look a couple of players short. That means the Capitals have to be favoured and the team led by Ricky Ponting should win this one comfortably in the end.