When is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals taking place? Friday 25th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
What is the expected weather for Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals? 39c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Chennai Super Kings have won one and lost one in their opening two games as they come off a 16-run loss at the hands of Rajasthan Royals when they fell short of chasing the Royals’ mammoth 216/7 as their bowlers struggled at the small ground in Sharjah.
- They now play their first game in Dubai where conditions should favour Chawla and Jadeja’s spin while they may consider switching out the expensive Lungi Ngidi for compatriot Imran Tahir who will also relish these conditions.
- Ambati Rayudu and Dwayne Bravo continue to struggle with injuries so neither is expected to feature here while there is a chance Ruturaj Gaikwad will be dropped after his first ball duck so Shardul Thakur could come in for him to bolster the bowling attack.
- Delhi Capitals grabbed victory from the jaws of defeat in their opening game thanks to Marcus Stoinis’ last over heroics and Kagiso Rabada’s superb bowling in the Super Over to edge past Kings XI Punjab.
- Despite the win, the likes of Hetmyer, Shaw, Dhawan and Nortje will all be looking to improve on their sub-standard opening performances but they will all likely get another chance to impress here.
- Ravi Ashwin is a major doubt after he picked up a shoulder injury in the opening game even though he managed to take two wickets in the one over he did bowl so Amit Mishra is on standby to come in for him and he is an excellent replacement.
Chennai Super Kings were outgunned in a 416-run shootout in their last game but they will have the advantage over the Delhi Capitals of having played the extra game which will help their players find their form. The Capitals won their opener but they were pretty lucky in that win and they have plenty of room for improvement. They will likely improve and there is much more to come but conditions may just work in Chennai’s favour here. It will not be a shootout and the slow bowlers will have more success. That should give MS Dhoni’s men an advantage and they are marginally favoured to edge what should be yet another highly entertaining game.