Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks Preview & Prediction
When is Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Sunday 8th September, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
What is the expected weather for Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks? 32c with some clouds above in humid conditions
What television channel is Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Lucia Zouks? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Trinbago Knight Riders beat St Lucia Zouks by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders saw off the dangerous challenge of Jamaica Tallawahs to ensure the reigning champions started the defence of their title strongly as they claimed their second victory in a row.
- Tion Webster and Sunil Narine got their side off to an incredible start as they put on 74 for the second wicket with Webster ending up unbeaten on 66 from 49 balls to help his side to a brilliant total of 191/4.
- The ability of the batting line-up is scary and could be good enough to guide the Knight Riders to third successive title but following the 22-run win last time out, they will want to see more from their bowling unit with Ali Khan proving expensive on his first appearance.
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia Zouks had the opportunity to win their opening game of the 2019 CPL but failed to capitalise as they fell to a 13-run defeat against Guyana Amazon Warriors with their lack of quality with the bat their downfall.
- Only four players made double-figures in the run chase and although they got close to their target, the lack of a genuine scorer in the middle order saw their attempt to reach the 156 they were set to win fall short.
- With some of their key players still away on international duty, they will be desperate to get some bodies back to boost their ranks soon and have to hope they do not drop too many points in their absence.
Trinbago Knight Riders have begun the defence of their crown with back-to-backs wins as they attempt to win a third straight CPL title. They were too good in their second game and will be confident of a hat-trick of wins as they face a St Lucia Zouks team that they have defeated in their last six matches. The Zouks will field a weakened side once again with several players still unavailable for selection and that spells bad news for them with the Knight Riders able to claim a comfortable win.