Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs Preview & Prediction
When is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Saturday 7th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
What is the expected weather for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs? 29c with some clouds above but there is little chance of rain
What television channel is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Trinbago Knight Riders beat Jamaica Tallawahs by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders overcame a poor start in their opening CPL game to claim a narrow victory over St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots with an all-round effort from Jimmy Neesham to thank for the win.
- After slumping to 20/3 early on, the Knight Riders were able to post 152/7 with Kieron Pollard top-scoring with 47 off 32 whilst Neesham chipped in with a solid 33 to help his side to a defendable total.
- Neesham’s most important contribution came with the ball as he took three wickets from just 16 balls which saw the Knight Riders skittle the Patriots for 141, 11 runs short of matching what they needed.
- Jamaica Tallawahs will be hoping for a better performance at this year’s CPL after two consecutive finishes in fourth as they look to earn their first title since 2016 and they have the potential to do so.
- Chris Gayle is back for the Tallawahs after missing the last two campaigns and he will be confident of a good display in this tournament after his recent impressive showing in the Global T20 Canada.
- Andre Russell will also hope to have a big impact for the Tallawahs but as usual with the West Indian his fitness will play a pivotal role which could determine how successful his side are in the competition.
Defending champions Trinbago Knight Riders got their campaign off to a good start but they have plenty of improvement left in them. They will come up against a strong Jamaica Tallawahs outfit who have the potential to take the crown from the Knight Riders. They have some brilliant talent in their ranks and can beat anybody on their day and in what could be a very tight contest in their opening game, they can just do enough thanks to their powerful batting line-up.