Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Tuesday 1st October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
What is the expected weather for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? 28c with cloud and a 30% chance of showers
What television channel is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Trinbago Knight Riders beat Guyana Amazon Warriors 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- This is the first encounter between Trinbago Knight Riders and Guyana Amazon Warriors in CPL 2019 and this is a repeat of last season’s final which saw the Knight Riders comfortably win by eight wickets.
- After winning their opening four matches in CPL 2019 and looking formidable, they have not won any of their last three games so they will be desperate to get back to winning ways here against the Amazon Warriors who are the only unbeaten team left in the tournament.
- Ali Khan and Jimmy Neesham were incredibly expensive in the heavy loss to Barbados Tridents last time out and it would be no surprise to see Chris Jordan get a start after he arrived on the island after being signed as a replacement for Mohammad Hasnain, and he should provide the bowling unit with a big lift.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors are sitting pretty at the top of the CPL 2019 ladder with seven wins from seven matches played, and they will be keen to maintain their good form to take into the knockout phase.
- The spin trio of Green, Imran Tahir and Shoaib Malik has proved to be key in their success so far but it was Ben Laughlin who was the star man last time out and the quality and depth in their bowling ranks is giving them a major edge.
- One potential concern that they may have is that their middle and lower order has not spent much time at the crease given how dominant their top order has been so while they will aim to continue this form, the likes of Nicholas Pooran will be keen to get some time in the middle after just four innings so far in the tournament.
Guyana Amazon Warriors have been unbeatable so far as they have won all seven matches but this will be a tough test against the team that beat them in last year’s final. Trinbago Knight Riders started CPL 2019 in tremendous form but they have slowed down a touch in recent matches. Getting back to winning ways is key for them here and they have all the attributes to become the first team to beat the Amazon Warriors in this year’s tournament. Form is not on their side, but they have the quality to raise their game and win here.