Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
What is the expected weather for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents? 29c with cloudy spells but rain unlikely
What television channel is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Barbados Tridents beat Trinbago Knight Riders by 63 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders are coming off another defeat at the hands of Guyana Amazon Warriors which now means they have failed to win any of their last four matches after winning their opening four, so they will be desperate to get back to winning ways here.
- With two matches left including this one, the Knight Riders need a win a to regain some confidence and give more playing time to recent arrival Chris Jordan as he looked somewhat rusty against the Amazon Warriors who hit him for 49 from his four overs.
- Skipper Kieron Pollard smashed an impressive 71 from 38 balls in that game but some of their other batsmen like Colin Munro, Dinesh Ramdin and Jimmy Neesham have lost a little form and they too will look to produce better displays in these final two matches before the play-offs start.
- Barbados Tridents sealed their play-off place last time out as they beat St Lucia Zouks by 24 runs and they will use this match as an opportunity to gain further momentum ahead of the upcoming knockout phase.
- Hayden Walsh was the star of the show once again as he took four wickets in that match and the American international is proving to be something of a revelation since coming into the team as he is the CPL’s leading wicket-taker this year with an impressive 15 scalps in just five matches played so far.
- With the bowling attack performing well, the batting still has major room for improvement with consistency an issue and the form of Alex Hales is particularly concerning as he was out for a duck last time out and desperately needs some runs.
Both of these teams are guaranteed a play-off place so there is nothing on the line in this one. The Knight Riders have not won any of their last four games and there is greater pressure on them to halt this alarming slide before the knockout phase begins. The Tridents will also be keen to get momentum ahead of the play-offs and they have the edge in form. That said, while they are on a miserable run of three defeats and one no result, the Knight Riders should have the greater urgency and that could give them the edge in this dead rubber.