Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders Preview & Prediction
When is St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Sunday 22nd September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet
What is the expected weather for St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders? 27c with a 70% chance of showers which may affect play
What television channel is St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Trinbago Knight Riders beat St Lucia Zouks by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia are coming off a horrendous defeat at the hands of Barbados Tridents on Friday night as they were bowled out for a meagre 101 chasing 173 for victory which leaves them with just one win and two points from their opening five matches.
- Despite the inclusion of Colin Ingram for the first time in this campaign, he could not inspire the batting line-up as only three players managed to reach double figures in a miserable performance and they simply have to improve if they are to challenge for a semi-final place.
- Their bowling attack may be without Obed McCoy after he picked up an injury in Friday night’s match which prevented him from batting so that could hand an opening to Krishmar Santokie and weakens the team even further.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders are coming off their first defeat of CPL 2019 as they lost in a Super Over to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots so they will be eager to bounce back and get back to winning ways against the struggling Zouks.
- The Knight Riders continued to show their prowess with the bat even in defeat last time out as they racked up 216 runs and Lendl Simmons has been in outstanding form so far smashing 261 runs in just five innings to date.
- Sunil Narine is an injury concern as he has picked up a reoccurrence of the finger injury that has caused him to miss plenty of matches already in 2019 so they will miss his influence with both bat and ball but they do have plenty of strength in depth to cope without him.
The Zouks are coming off an absolutely miserable performance on Friday night as they were hammered by Barbados Tridents as they were bowled out for just 101. That does not bode well when facing one of the best teams in the tournament and arguably the best batting line-up. The Knight Riders lost last time out – albeit narrowly on a Super Over – but they will be fired up to bounce back here. With the likes of Simmons and Munro in tremendous form, they simply have too much firepower for the struggling Zouks.