Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs Preview & Prediction
When is St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Saturday 28th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet
What is the expected weather for St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs? 28c with a small chance of showers
What television channel is St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Lucia Zouks vs Jamaica Tallawahs? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St Lucia Zouks beat Jamaica Tallawahs by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia lost to the unbeaten Guyana Amazon Warriors last time out which leaves them with two matches remaining in the CPL group phase and they simply have to win both matches against Jamaica Tallawahs and then Barbados Tridents to have any chance of reaching the play-offs.
- Jahmar Hamilton came in for the Tallawahs match in what was his first appearance of CP 2019 at the expense of Andre McCarthy as they continue to try and find the final batsman in their line-up and he could get another chance unless they switch back to McCarthy of even John Campbell.
- Obed McCoy has been ruled out for the remainder of the CPL 2019 tournament so Krishmar Santokie will continue to deputise for him while they really need their key men like Ingram, De Grandhomme, Fletcher and Fawad Ahmed to produce big performances here.
- Similar to their opponents, this is last-chance saloon for Jamaica Tallawahs as they need to win both remaining matches and hope results go their way in other matches to have any chance of reaching the play-offs.
- They come off an excellent win over Barbados Tridents where their much-maligned bowling attack miraculously defended their total of 127 as they held the Tridents to 122/9 and it could have been more convincing if it had not been for Raymon Reifer’s late big-hitting.
- With Rovman Powell and Andre Russell already ruled out injured, the Tallawahs lost Jade Dernbach last time out to compound matters but they have brought in reinforcements as Bangladeshi batsman Liton Das has flown in while they have signed Guyanese opener Trevon Griffith for the final two matches.
There is plenty on the line for both of these teams as defeat signals elimination for the losing team and victory will give the winners an outside chance of reaching the play-offs. The Zouks have the more settled team and that could give them the edge here. The Tallawahs have been incredibly unlucky with injuries in losing Powell, Russell, Dernbach and even Springer is a doubt, but they have the star quality. This match could very well come down to which of the teams’ star players produce the goods and the Tallawahs are clearly aiming to outscore the Zouks here. The arrival of Liton Das bolsters their batting, and Chris Gayle is due a big score. With Glen Phillips being the standout batsman in the tournament so far, the Tallawahs can win this crucial match.