Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Wednesday 25th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet
What is the expected weather for St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? 32c with clear skies forecast and 80% humidity
What television channel is St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Lucia Zouks vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat St Lucia Zouks by 13 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia Zouks picked up an invaluable win on Tuesday night against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots as their total of 165/6 batting first proved too much for the Patriots as they fell short by 20 runs.
- While they still did not have a batsman capable of reaching a fifty, they did have multiple solid contributions which guided them to a competitive total with Fletcher (36), Sammy (30), Barnwell (27), and Ingram (21) all chipping in.
- The bowling unit was the real decisive factor however with Viljoen taking 3/14, Fawad Ahmed 2/19 and Williams 3/48 restricting the Patriots to 145/9 and they will have to be at their very best against the Amazon Warriors who possess arguably the best batting line-up in the tournament.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors have already qualified for the play-offs after winning their opening six matches so there is a chance that they will contemplate resting one or two men and give playing time to some of their fringe players.
- The key to their success aside from their formidable batting continues to be their spin as they have Green, Imran Tahir and Shoaib Malik offering quality spin for at least 50% of their allocated overs unlike any other team in the tournament.
- The only real rotation so far in the tournament has been for their final bowling option with Odean Smith coming into the side for the last match against the Tridents, but he could well switch back out here if they do make further rotations.
The Amazon Warriors have been comfortably the best side in the CPL group phase to date but now that they have already qualified for the play-offs with six games left, there is a risk that they may ease up a little. They face a St Lucia Zouks side that desperately need to follow up Tuesday’s win over the Patriots with another if they are to make a genuine push for the play-offs, but they really will have to be at their best here. The Amazon Warriors have quality throughout their team and if the batting does not fire, their bowling unit with the spin trio can do the damage. Even with complacency a potential risk, the Amazon Warriors should have too much quality for the Zouks here.